Camwood or African Sandalwood Powder
Camwood powder can also be used to brighten up the skin, and as an anti-aging and detoxifying treatment. It can be used to make a rejuvenating face mask to help recover from blemishes and prevent future breakouts. Results can usually be seen within a couple of weeks.
CAMWOOD BENEFITS FOR SKIN
The core of the Camwood tree beneath the bark can be ground into a fibrous powder which has a very gentle exfoliating effect that is perfect for sensitive skin and is traditionally used all over West Africa as an antiseptic treatment for common skin conditions like Acne, Eczema, Wrinkles, blemishes, blackheads and sunburns; as well as in indulgent native spa treatments for new-borns and brides to be. Camwood is rich with cleansing and rejuvenating properties; and it has natural soothing and skin enhancing qualities, which is why it is an important ingredient in a number of our skin care products.
The benefits of camwood powder include the following:
- Evens out skin tone
- Reduces the appearance of pimples
- Visibly reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Revitalizes the skin, giving it a youthful glow
- Eliminates crow’s feet
- Improves the texture of the skin
- Reduces rheumatic pains and stiff joints
- Inhibits the growth of ringworm
- Clears acne, eczema, and minor skin blemishes
- Relieves prickly heat and rashes
- Restores skin elasticity
- Relieves sunburn
- Serves as a natural dye in cosmetics
How to use camwood :
AS A MASK: MIX A TEASPOON OF CAMWOOD POWDER WITH WATER, ROSE WATER (OR LIQUID OF YOUR CHOICE), AND HONEY INTO A PASTE; APPLY TO FACE AND LEAVE TO DRY FOR 15 MINUTES. RINSE OFF WITH WARM WATER.